3.09.2015

#440 It is 2015, Isn't the EXECUTE ALL GAYS TO AVOID GOD'S WRATH Narrative More Than A Little Moronic By Now?

Yes, kids, saying No Homo makes people think you're repressed.
Like calling for gay men to be killed makes people think you're probably gay
 and deep in the closet.
California lawyer files papers for ‘Sodomite Suppression Act’ to save state from ‘God’s just wrath’

Wow, its almost like he is a Biblical lawyer and not a lawyer who went to school and passed the bar to work within the confines of the legal system.

Here's a thought, guessing that attorney Matthew McLaughlin is tired of the hot, sweaty man sex dreams he's been having most of his life. And he believes, erroneously, that killing all the gays will stop him from having those hot, sweaty man sex dreams.

Notwithstanding the patent fact that killing someone for your religious beliefs is deeply antithetical to the established and published tenets of the church, cherry picking your targets of hate and scorn is just plain un-Christian. I'm an atheist and I'm a better Christian than asshole attorney Matthew McLaughlin. I tolerate other people's beliefs, I accept other people's customs and I can see the value in cultural differences and cross-cultural interactions.

I'm also not kept up at night from non-stop hot, sweaty man sex dreams. Nor do I pick and choose whatever passages I want to believe in from my supposed Holy Bible. Because, using the Bible to rationalize your hatred and intolerance is kind of the opposite of what it was intended to do.

As Morgan Freeman is famously memed for saying, there's no such thing as homophobia, you're just an asshole.

Rule #440 is It is 2015, Isn't the EXECUTE ALL GAYS TO AVOID GOD'S WRATH Narrative More Than A Little Moronic By Now?

No comments: